Attention Year 10! Do you have what it takes to be our next Head Boy/Head Girl?
Becoming a Head Boy/Head Girl will give you a variety of new experiences and challenges, without interfering with your schoolwork.
Deadline for applications is Wednesday 18 May 2016
Interviews will be held in the week commencing Monday 23 May 2016
Gain experience of:
- Working directly with the Senior Leadership Team
- Become a member of staff for a day in our November Takeover Day experience
- Lead meetings
- Organise events
- Represent school at open evenings
- Organise fundraising events e.g. non-uniform days
…and don’t forget how impressive all of this will be on your CV!
What students will contribute to the Academy:
Head Boys and Girls will ensure that student voice is represented in key decisions and developments within the Academy. They will represent the Academy and its students at a variety of events during the academic year, including prospective parents’ evenings for Year 7 students and Awards Evening.
Head Boys and Girls will attend half termly meetings of the Academy Council, providing feedback from Small School Council meetings. They will also organise and plan regular meetings with the Small School Council and ensure that decisions are carried out.
Other duties include representing all students in the Academy and supporting activities that encourage and support the learning of others. They will be internal and external ambassadors for the Academy and will act as role models for all students at Freebrough Academy.
Head Boys and Girls will give key presentations about the Academy, for example to prospective parents and students at the Year 7 Open Evening and at the annual awards evening. They will plan and present assemblies which will contribute to increased confidence and raise the profile of the Student Leadership Team.
Skills that students will develop as Head Boys/Girls:
- The ability to work well in a team
- Time-management and good organisational skills
- The ability to talk confidently and appropriately to parents and staff
- The ability to talk confidently and appropriately to students
- Being a role model to other students
Please see the attached document for job description and details of how to apply.
For further information see Mrs Douglas in Room 218, or speak to your Head Boy/Head Girl.