Behaviour for Learning
The Freebrough Values
At Freebrough Academy we encourage all members of the school community to live by their values.
The Freebrough values are:
- We openly welcome new people
- We show patience, understanding and support for each other
- We help each other in school and out in the community
- We have mutual respect between staff and students
- We win and lose gracefully
- We treat others as we would wish to be treated
- We listen to the views of others and use good manners
- We respect ourselves and do not take part in risky behaviour
- We make the effort and exceed expectations
- We celebrate when someone does well
- We believe in our own talents and push ourselves to achieve our targets
- We do not give up when things get tough
- We think positively and keep trying
- We keep our goals in mind and work hard to achieve them
- We work hard to become good role models
- We are ambitious
- We follow our dreams and help others to do the same
- We stand up for what we believe in
- We are not afraid to stand up and speak in front of others
- We try new things even if we are unsure
- We treat everyone the same – regardless of our differences
- We do not judge people without getting to know them
- We don’t leave people out
The Academy uses a learning ladder to reward and issue consequences to the students. You will find a copy of this in each classroom close to the board.
We reward students for exceptional behaviour using the R1-4 on the ladder and equally use C1-4 for students not following expectations.
Students who regularly exceed our expectations in a wide range of categories including attendance, punctuality, attitude to learning, participation in extra curricular activities and living the Freebrough Values may be awarded Expert Learner status. They are given a pin badge to wear on their blazer and are eligible for a range of rewards and privileges.