Free School Meals
Students in receipt of Free School Meals can spend their allowance which is currently £2.20, at both morning break and lunchtime. Please note they can also bring extra money in to purchase breakfast, if they wish to do so.
Free Meal Entitlement Criteria
Free School Meals is a benefit awarded in respect of children under the age of 19 where the parent or guardian is in receipt of one of the benefits shown below:
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- The Guaranteed Element of Pension Credit
- Support under part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit – during the initial roll-out of the benefit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit ‘Run On’ – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Children in receipt of Income Support and Income Based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA) in their own right are also entitled to free school meals.
You will not be entitled to Free School Meals if you or your partner are entitled to Working Tax Credit on a regular basis.
How to Claim
Parents/carers should obtain a Free School Meals application form from the Academy administration office or print and complete the downloadable version below:
Completed application forms can either be returned to the Academy or send to – Financial Services Section, Educational Benefits, Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council, Redcar and Cleveland House, Kirkleatham Street, Redcar, Yorkshire, TS10 1YA.
Alternatively you can contact the Educational Benefits Section and an application form can be completed over the telephone on 01642 774774.
Further information can be obtained from: Eileen Chapman, Office Manager on 01287 676305