Freebrough Academy exam success
GCSE 2015 Key Statistics
- 51.4% of students achieved 5+ A* – C grades
- 45.8% of students achieved 5+ A* – C including English and Maths
- 75.7% of students achieved 3 levels or more progress for English
- 50.7% of students achieved 3 levels or more progress for Maths
- 7.6% of students achieved the English Baccalaureate
The English Baccalaureate was introduced as a performance measure in the 2010 performance tables. It is not a qualification in itself. The measure recognises where pupils have secured a C grade or better across a core of academic subjects English, mathematics, history or geography, the sciences and a language.
We are delighted to report success in our 2015 examination results. The English department continues to perform above national averages for the second year running. Maths has demonstrated great gains, with an increase of 6.7% in their levels of progress. Several subjects have exceeded national averages for A*-C including; Dance by 32.7%; French by 14.9% and GCSE PE by 29.9%; English Language by 4%. GCSE Computing are able to boast a 100% A*-C pass rate, which is 36.4% higher than the national average in this subject.
In 2015 the percentage of students who achieved 3A* – A increased by 1.1%. A range of subject areas contributed to the improvement in this indicator. For example, in ICT 45.5% of students achieved A*- A. Just under a third of BTEC Sport students achieved A*- A which was a 10.3% increase on 2014 results. One quarter of students in BTEC Dance achieved A*- A grades which is an improvement of 9.6% when compared to 2014 outcomes. GCSE Physical Education achieved 23.5% A*- A, improving by 17.9% on 2014 and 3.5% higher than 2015 national averages. BTEC Art and Design improved on their 2014 A*-A figures by 10.2% and Religious Studies by 11.6%. French improved their A*-A by 15.6% when compared to 2014 and exceeded the 2015 national average by 4.5%. Finally English Language A*-A exceeded the national average of A*-A by 8.3%.
We are proud of all of our Year 11 students that left Freebrough Academy in the summer and we wish them good luck for the future in their careers. Below shows a number of students who really stood out to their teachers in terms of achievement, attainment and progress.
- Zoe W worked incredibly hard after working through some real challenges and got a grade B in English.
- Tom P achieved several A’s including A* in history! He showed commitment to his studies attending period 6 and numerous Saturday, holiday and breakfast revision sessions. Tom’s effort and growth mentality allowed him to make progress and achieve his results.
- Patrick G completed the BTEC Art & Design course through our Breakthrough provision working with Miss Goodwill. Throughout the year Patrick worked extremely hard to secure his target grade including attending period 6 and twilight sessions. Through his hard work and support from his teacher, he not only secured his target grade but actually exceeded it and overall achieved a MERIT (equivalent to a GCSE B grade). This resulted in Patrick making 6 levels of progress from KS2.
- Kate H completed the BTEC Art & Design in her spare time as an additional option. She was motivated and committed throughout the course and worked tirelessly at home, during period 6 and twilight sessions to complete the course. Due to her hard work and dedication she achieved a DISTINCTION* grade which is equivalent to a GCSE A*.
- Richelle T completed the GCSE Dance course and was an exceptional committed student. She always worked hard in lessons as well as extra rehearsals, period 6 sessions and twilights. She completed extensive revision independently at home and at school which allowed her to successfully complete the course. Never once did she moan, get disheartened or give up and she was a positive example to everyone around her. She achieved a GCSE A grade overall and well and truly deserved it!
- Kate H, Abbie R C and Ellie R achieved 100% full marks in their French writing controlled assessment, which is a fantastic achievement. This contributed to Kate H achieving an A* overall in French.
- Chloe N achieved the highest grade in the BTEC Finance exam out of everyone in Year 11.
Post 16 Success
Students at Post 16 @ Freebrough have gained some amazing results to help them to progress into their chosen careers! Here’s a glimpse of some of them;
- Ben A has left us with his BTEC Level 3 in Engineering and A Level in Product Design.
- Faye P moves on with an amazing DISTINCTION* DISTINCTION* DISTINCTION* in Level 3 Health and Social Care.
- Hannah C with a fantastic A* in A Level Maths and DISTINCTION* DISTINCTION* in both Level 3 Creative Media Production and Level 3 Enterprise and Entrepreneurship.
- Keren G and Emily A both achieved DISTINCTION DISTINCTION in Level 3 Enterprise and Entrepreneurship.
We wish them all every success in the future wherever their paths may take them!