Teaching and Learning
Partnerships and support from local, national and international businesses are crucial in our delivery of the highest quality learning packages and we have dedicated staff to coordinate employer engagement.
All of our courses are taught in a way that offers a variety of different learning experiences to enhance the traditional teaching element. We integrate vocational and academic courses to open up a wider range of progression routes.
We will ensure that you have experience of relevant work placements, access master classes and attend workshops to further develop your skills and knowledge. We also enhance your overall experience by arranging visits, residential trips and participation in national competitions and challenges.
We strongly believe that our innovative approach to teaching gives our students not only the qualifications, but also the skills and experience to succeed in the world of work.
Universal Student Offer
Here at Post 16@ Freebrough we are striving to ensure our students receive the best possible outcomes from their time to ensure they are fully equipped for their next steps. Our universal student offer sets out what each student can expect to receive as a minimum during their time at Post 16 no matter which course pathway they have chosen.
Each student can expect the following:
- High quality teaching from subject specific teachers who have experience in the industry and are trained in their specific course areas
- Regular individual feedback and support around how each student can achieve their maximum potential
- Access to impartial careers advice and guidance from Routes to employment and support in making the next steps after Post 16 (HE, FE, Apprenticeships or employment)
- A minimum of 2 weeks per academic year of work placement opportunities
- Opportunities to mentor and volunteer on a wide range of projects
- Qualifications in Duke of Edinburgh, Food Hygiene and first aid awareness
- Pastoral support for all aspects non academic
- Access to professionals and businesses from their chosen industry to aid achievement, progression and career choices
- A programme of Tutorial and briefing sessions covering all aspects of personal, social, emotional and health development
- A programme of enrichment activities both general and linked to specific subject areas