It is our ambition to be an Outstanding Academy.
This will ensure that we secure outstanding provision and outcomes for all of our students.
Our Priorities 2017-2018 to achieve this:
Effectiveness of Leadership and Management
- Governance – Ensure governance provides high quality strategic support and direction to the leadership and management of the Academy to secure outstanding outcomes
- Parental engagement: further develop investment in familial support and engagement strategy, in particular for the most vulnerable.
- Attainment and Progress – Ensure all learners make good or better progress through the provision of quality first teaching, accurate assessment and appropriate curriculum routes.
Personal Development, Behaviour & Welfare
- Attendance – Improve attendance to above 96% ensuring attendance remains above National Average throughout the year whilst Persistent Absence reduces below 13%
- Behaviour management – Consistent and effective strategies used by all staff to reduce the amount of low-level disruption and in turn reduce fixed-term exclusions.
- Daring Greatly – To effectively develop the qualities required in students to allow them to be the best they can be. By ‘Daring Greatly’ students will develop those qualities needed to be happy and successful both inside and outside the academy.
Quality of Teaching, Learning and Assessment
- Learner Behaviours – Further develop and embed the Daring Greatly programme to include all of the Freebrough community
- Quality of Teaching – Provide a range of development opportunities especially in assessment for the quality of teaching to be maintained as consistently good or better
Outcomes for Learners
- Independent Learning – Develop and implement a consistent approach to Independent Learning across all Faculties to provide a high quality provision that consolidates and extends learning.
- Attainment and Progress – Improve attainment for all learners in all subjects with a particular focus on STEM so that progress exceeds national levels
- Attainment and Progress – Diminish attainment gaps at all key stages for DA & SEND students and increase the percentage of HAP students attaining the highest grades.